This Summer had my husband and I do a complete turn around in our dieting and exercising program. It was quite a long Winter. We are always looking for easy chicken recipes since we are both on the go so much. I am also looking for dinner ideas for my daughter who just recently moved out on her own. I was so excited to try Land O’Lakes Sauté Express® Sauté Starter. I am always spending way to much time in the kitchen creating butter mixes with different herbs and spices. This makes for a quick and convenient method for a chicken Sauté.
I opened up one package of the Sauté Express® Sauté Starter to get the chicken thighs simmering. The squares are quite large since I would be using two pounds of chicken I used four squares. You can nab a coupon and score some savings before you head to the store by printing one off. You can also check out my shopping over at my Google + profile.
I first cut my chicken thighs up then added an egg and Panko bread crumbs to the chicken. I then tossed it so it coated.
I used the Garlic and Herb Sauté Express® Sauté Starter for the chicken. It melted perfectly and smelled so good. Once the chicken was about done I placed in the oven to cook the rest of the mixture.
I then cut up onion, red and yellow pepper, celery and green onion and used the Sauté Express® Sauté Starter Italian herb blend. This recipe is simple and full of lots of protein and vitamin C from the peppers.
Recipe Kung Pao Chicken
- 2 lbs chicken thighs
- 6 stalks of celery chopped up
- 4 green onions chopped up
- 1 cup red and yellow peppers chopped up
- 1 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup Chili Garlic Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Red Curry Paste
- Cut up your thighs and mix with egg and Panko, toss it all up
- Melt your Sauté Express® Sauté Starter in a pan.
- Cook the thighs until done depending on your stove
- Sauté the vegetables for about ten minutes
- Add the Chili Garlic Sauce and Curry Paste. Mix it all up simmer for ten minutes.
- Top with cashews and green onions.
- Additionally add it to rice for a complete meal.
You can connect with @LandOLakesKtchn & #SauteExpress on Twitter to find great recipe ideas. You can connect with Land O’Lakes on facebook!